Athletics plays an important part in the life of Sanderson High School students by teaching life lessons in sportsmanship, teamwork, and competition. We believe that the opportunity for participation in a wide variety of student-selected activities is a vital part of a student's educational experience. Such participation is a privilege that carries with it responsibilities to the school, to the activity, to other students, to the community and to the athletes themselves. Through athletic competitions we seek to improve school spirit and help students develop pride in their school and community.
- 2013 Winter Sports Schedule as of 11/21/13: CLICK HERE
The Truth about Recruiting: http://www.freerecruitingwebinar.org/
Tony Lewis - AD, Todd Laughlin - Baseball Coach, Tyler Hardy - Baseball: Methodist, Chris Silber - Baseball: High Point
Olivia Costella -Soccer: Winthrop University, Joanna Boyles - Soccer: UNC, Morgan Porter - Soccer: Campbell University, Taylor Wood - Soccer: Western Carolina
Volleyball: Liberty: Nzea McQuitery and Coach Stephanie Rhodes
Who ya gonna call?
There's a game scheduled for later in the day, it's raining and you want to find out whether or not the game will go on. What to do? We try to "make the call" by 2:00 PM on days when the weather is "iffy." You can check the website under " make-ups" to see if the game has been cancelled and rescheduled. Please wait until 2:00 PM to for the latest up dates.
Please note that we only attempt to announce postponements or cancellations of GAMES, not practices.
Note: Whenever school is closed or closes early due to inclement weather, no athletic practices or games are permitted that day, with or without a coach, on or off campus.
- Join the Sanderson Athletic Club and get Season Passes. Download the 2012-2013 Membership and Season Pass Form.
- Schedule For Meetings 2013 - 2014
- We appreciate the support of our Platinum Gold Sponsors. Please visit their businesses!
- 2013-2014 Program and Sponsor Board Advertising Contract
Your source for information about upcoming seasons, optional summer programs, tryout and practice dates, forms, and more.
We Want You on Our Team! A general description of the Sanderson Athletic Program with a focus on 2013-2014.
These lists of past conference and state championships won by Spartan teams are as accurate as possible. If you think any are missing, please contact the athletic director.
- Sanderson Guide to Parent/Coach Communication
- Criteria for earning a Varsity Letter at Sanderson
- Wake County Online Athletic Resource Center
- Lifetouch photo packages and pricing options
- NCHSAA Web Site
- Prospective College Student-Athletes: Find out about meeting Initial Eligibility Requirements at NCAA affiliated institutions at the NCAA Initial Eligibility Resource Center Web site.
The Real Truth About Recruiting and becoming a college athlete: www.FreeRecruitingWebinar.org